PADI eLearning is the newest and, by far, the most effective, convenient and enjoyable way to master the academic learning objectives associated with learning to scuba dive or continuing your education. It combines text, photos, illustrations, charts, graphs, animations and live-action video in a way that makes learning easy and fun.
- As it is all done over the Internet, you can learn when and where it is convenient, moving along at your own pace (not someone else’s).
- You can start whenever you want. (Now would be a good time.) There is no need to wait “until the next class begins.” It begins whenever you are ready.
- Instructional design experts agree: Computer-based learning programs are, by far, the single most effective way for students to master academic concepts. (The fact it is clearly the most fun way to do so is simply a bonus.)
PADI eLearning is available for the following courses:
- Open Water Diver
- Scuba Tune-up
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Enriched Air Diver
- Rescue Diver
How Does it Work?
- You start by logging on to PADI’s eLearning website. There you will be able to sign up and pay for the eLearning portion of the course using any major credit card.
- The program itself is very easy to use, and can be mastered by students as young as 13 (Internet privacy laws prohibit use by students 12 and under).
- When you are ready, you enroll in any of our beginning or continuing education courses. However, because they master all of the necessary academics on line, eLearners get to skip all of the traditional classroom lectures our regular students must attend (although you are welcome to come, if you would like).
- Prior to the first class session, you will need to schedule a one-on-one academic review and course orientation session with one of our staff. Here you will take a quick quiz and go over where you need to go and what you need to do to complete the course. (This is also a good time to purchase any equipment you will need for the course.)
Sounds Good. What Do I Do Next?
The links appearing below will help answer other important questions about learning to dive. You can either sign up for the eLearning portion of the course right now, or use the links appearing on most of the pages in this section to come back to this page and sign up later. Your call.