Beginning diver courses generally limit emergency skill training to self rescue and tired diver assists. Why?
- Beginning students lack sufficient knowledge, skill and experience to truly master complex rescue skills.
- There is simply not enough time in most beginning scuba courses to cover all the rescue and emergency management skills that every diver should have.
What is Involved?
This course involves:
- Extensive self study, followed by two evenings of class work, during which you will review the homework and discuss upcoming dives and skills.
- Two full days of open-water training.
Except as noted, classroom sessions take place either at our Willoughby or Fairview Park locations. Locally conducted open-water training dives generally take place at White Star Quarry.
When Can You Start?
Classes are generally held on a Tuesday and Thursday evening, followed by a weekend of open-water training.
- September 18 & September 20 (class)
- September 22 & 23 (pool)
- October 09 & 11 (class)
- October 13 & 14 (pool)
OPEN WATER DIVES are being held at White Star Quarry on Sunday, October 21st
Please Note: While we make every effort to ensure that the information appearing on our website is accurate and up-to-date, it is your responsibility to call Just Add Water at least 24 hours in advance to confirm date, time and meeting place.
The cost for this course is $355, which includes course materials and pocket mask. Students are responsible for transportation, lodging, meals, dive site admission, and must supply the items listed below.
Students are also responsible for supplying the following:
- Pocket mask.
- Mask, snorkel, fins.
- Adequate exposure protection.
- One cylinder per dive, per day.
- Weight system, weights.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD).
- Regulator/alternate air source.
- Depth gauge/timer or computer.
- Audible surface signal.
- Surface signal (safety tube).
- Cutting tool.
All of these items are available for purchase at Just Add Water; some may be also be available for rental.
How Do You Sign Up?
Just call or visit either Just Add Water location.
Vist our Downloads page to access any waiver, medical and other forms you may need for upcoming Just Add Water scuba courses or experiences.